|Researchers at Relay GSE are committed to producing innovative and timely scholarship on how teachers, in partnership with schools and communities, can raise student achievement and help young people develop the character strengths that are needed to be successful in school and life. Reporting to the Director of Research, the Data Analyst provides research, data, and statistical support to Relay GSE’s internal and external research and evaluation efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with statistical programming (in Stata, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.): Data collection, data cleaning, converting data files received in a variety of formats to a form that is useful for answering research questions, and performing initial analysis using statistical and graphical tools
- Create codebooks and other data documentation
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses
- Write summary memos of results of institutional indicator analyses for cross-functional team stakeholders
- Prepare visual representations of data and analytical results (e.g., tables, figures, presentation slides)
- Manage and update dashboards of graduate student performance indicators and instructional and curricular survey data, and fulfill other institutional data-related requests
- Communicate research findings to non-technical audiences, in writing, and verbally
First and foremost, the Data Analyst must share the team’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher preparation.
Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Graduate-level degree in education or other social science (e.g., sociology, economics, public policy), with evidence of substantial coursework in quantitative research methods and/or statistics
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical programming (preferably in Stata, SAS, or R)
- Experience working as part of a research team, or as a member of a research center or project staff
- Experience working with large-scale and longitudinal datasets
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment while demonstrating the ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to set priorities for use of one’s time, work under pressure, and adjust tasks appropriately
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the opportunity gap
Relay GSE offers a competitive rate of $35 an hour. This role requires 15 hours per week.
To apply for this job, please visit http://relayschool.force.com/careers/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0xA0000004j7ruIAA&tSource