The Research Alliance for New York City Schools, an independent research center housed in the Steinhardt School of Education at NYU, is looking for a Junior Research Analyst – Generalist. This is a part-time position (20 hours a week). This is a two-semester position with the possibility of renewal.
- Support the development, design and execution of multi-component research projects in New York City Public Schools.
- Provide assistance in the design and creation of survey instruments and interview protocols.
- Coordinate student survey administration, which includes ensuring IRB compliance; recruiting schools/participants; coordinating survey production and distribution; scheduling survey administration with schools; hiring, training, and managing 5-20 survey administrators; monitoring study progress, and meeting response rate goals.
- Work as part of a team to conduct structured interviews with school administrators and teachers; collect and process confidential qualitative data; and code and analyze qualitative data.
- Help prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree related to education research or policy, economics, applied psychology, sociology, or related social science field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Student of education, and/or professional experience in schools preferred.
- Broad understanding of the field of education, its practices and policies is required, and specific knowledge of New York City Department of Education is desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Qualitative data management and analysis skills in Atlas.ti, NVivo, or similar tools a plus.
- Statistical analytic skills in SAS, or similar tools, and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/research_alliance/careers/JrRsrchAnalystGeneralist